Friday, August 1, 2008

Craft Room Design

Like any crafter, at any given moment I am working on a hundred projects. Unfortunately, I have a hard time following through and finishing up my projects. I usually make purchases without any specific project in mind. I stash these supplies away for a rainy day and on occasion, I might start a project. Afters years of being an avid crafter (most would say from birth), working two years at Hobby Lobby, five years of working in a bead store, and owning several home craft businesses, I have managing to collect a enviable cache of goodies. Too bad I won't be able to come to my own estate sale!

Anyway, one of the many projects under construction in my house is the creation of my craft room. Since my leg is unusable for the next few weeks, I figured this would be a good time to start the design of this room. However, even as flighty as I am, I realize that good craft room design starts with an inventory of your supplies. It is important to know what kinds of supplies you have in stock and what kinds of supplies you might get in the future. Once I have the inventory completed, I can decided how to store my supplies and what makes the most sense for that small space.

No comments:

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates