Wednesday, October 15, 2008

New Skirt

As many of my friends know, I love to sew. As a result, I spend a lot of time at our local JoAnn's. There I stumbled upon a pattern for a cute 1950's skirt from the new Crafty collection from McCall's (M5631). I loved the cover and chose to make pattern view A. I picked out some pretty cotton fabrics that I got from both JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby. Since I followed the pattern exactly, I will not put the details here. However, here is the final result:



Generally I like to wear skirts that are just above the knee or maybe slightly below. This skirt did hit below, but the combination of the length and the fullness, just didn't look quite as I imagined it. I think this skirt might look better on someone taller (I am 5'4"). Also this skirt had both pleats and gathering, which is a bit strange.

After browsing the internet, someone else made this skirt and suggested trying McCall's M5390 . Perhaps I will try that next time.

No comments:

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates