Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Very Knitty Christmas

Although I do many crafts, when the weather gets cold I feel like hunkering down and starting some knit work. I have decided that I will make all (or at least some) of my Christmas presents this year. So here are some of my first completed projects:

Tim the Elephant and Edward the Mouse

This is a present for my best friend's little boy. The elephant pattern is from Knitted Toys: 25 Fresh and Fabulous Designs by Zoe Mellor. Very cute. I sewed the ears to the body, as they seemed easy to pull off. I also decided to add buttons for the eyes as the pattern indicated. However, they could certainly be a choking hazard for young children. The yarn is Yarn Bee - Baby Bee in a light blue.

The mouse was from the Garden Mice Mobile pattern in Itty Bitty Nursery by Susan B. Anderson. The mobile was cute, but I just wanted a simple mouse to go with the elephant. I used Yarn Bee - Baby Bee yarn in white and pink.



Koolhaas Hat


This hat was made for my other best friend. Years ago she made me a beautiful crocheted blanket and a couple of scarves. This year I thought that I would grace her with my own knit skills. The pattern is from Interweave Knits pattern store. The designer happens to be the same designer as my men's Cobblestone Sweater. It seems that I am a fan of Jared Flood's work. The yarn is Lion Brand - Vanna's Choice Brick Red.




Tretta Hat


This hat is a gift though I don't know who it is for yet. I like the pattern, but I created it with a thicker yarn and larger needles than the pattern called for so it is a bit longer than I would prefer. I chose larger needles, because that is what I already had. I used a size 6 seed bead, but the large yarn makes the beads almost disappear. Despite these setbacks I would definitely do it again. Only this time, I will take some rows from the bottom. The yarn is Lion Brand - Vanna's Choice Pea Green. The pattern is by grumperina.



A Simple Beanie

This hat is a Christmas present for a male friend. The design is my own, but nothing special, just a simple beanie. The yarn is Lion Brand Yarn - Vanna's Choice in Espresso, Pea Green, and Dusty Blue.

No comments:

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates